About MKAA & IMKA
MATAYOSHI KOBUDO ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA
KOKUSAI MATAYOSHI KOBUDŌ KYŌKAI
The purpose of MKAA is to further the art of Okinawan Matayoshi Kobudō as taught by the Matayoshi family, and promote the growth and development of its members by providing programs and events that teach Okinawan culture, history, and perfection of technique.
The Matayoshi Kobudo Association of America is a founding Association of The International Matayoshi Kobudo Association, IMKA. IMKA was founded by Andrea Guarelli Sensei and his students from different countries with the purpose of spreading the school Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo across the globe. Sensei Guarelli is a direct student of Shinpō Matayoshi Hanshi. MKAA and IMKA seek to both preserve and teach traditional Okinawan Kobudō as developed by Master Matayoshi.
Kobudo is now being taught by many instructors who have deviated from the guidelines of the Master Shinpō Matayoshi set forth, changing the spirit, techniques and kata. IMKA and its member nationa dojos seek to preserve the characteristics of the school following the principles and techniques disclosed by Shinpō Matayoshi Hanshi. The kata are taught in their original form.
The Mission of MKAA and IMKA is:
• To further the art of Okinawan Matayoshi Kobudō as taught by the Matayoshi family, and promote the growth and development of its members by providing programs and events that teach Okinawan culture, history, and perfection of technique.
• Promote the participation at events, activities and tournaments of recreational and / or competitive nature.
• Organization of seminars for beginner, students and teachers.
• Organization sport activities including instruction, qualification and advanced training in the art of Matayoshi Kobudo.
IMKA was founded on November 14, 2015, in Bussolengo, Italy. The headquarters is in Trumbull. Connecticut, USA.
To become of member of IMKA, you must be a member of MKAA, or your closest founding nation member organization.
Officers and Founding Members:
• Andrea Guarelli ITALIA (president)
• Danilo Torri USA (vice president)
• Claus Fröhlich GERMANY (advisor and legal counsultant)
• Carlos Alfonso Dorta Arnold SPAIN (advisor)
• Jørgen Dybdal DENMARK (advisor)
• Kimberly Rossi Stagliano USA (secretary and treasurer)
Founding Members also include:
Fulvia Aloisi ITALIA
Luca Ambrosi ITALIA
Michael Clayton ENGLAND
Tomáš Kopecký CZECH REPUBLIC
Giampaolo Pastocchi AUSTRALIA
István Tóth-Kása HUNGARY